Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Homey

San Francisco summer is in its last throes, I think. October is really when things heat up here, and last night was warm enough for Rrrr, TV, and I to head out to the beach! We even caught a glimpse of some bioluminescent creatures as we clawed through the sand at the water's edge.

One of our conversation topics was home. Things in my house have been somewhat "eh" this week (drama) and Rrr also shared some similar conundrums. It's so hard to feel really comfortable throughout the day if things are uncomfortable at home.

I left home last weekend and traveled to New York for the J.K. Rowling reading. I knew she dropped a bomb when she outed Dumbledore, but I didn't expect it to be such huge news. I mean, really, what difference does it make to the stories? It's funny how the whole thing has been blown out of proportion. It's not as if she came prepared with a slideshow featuring pictures of Dumbledore at the Folsom Street Fair. Her comments were in response to a very specific question from a teen in the audience. The media is making it seem like the purpose of her reading was to free Dumbledore from the closet.

Anyway, pics from the weekend are here:

1 comment:

  1. AR and I were just about to write to ask how the trip went. Looks like you guys had a great time. Nice photos!

    ReplyDelete