Sunday, June 29, 2008

Winter Park is Wild!

I am spending a week at Rollins College in Winter Park, Florida, to attend a seminar on the writer Zora Neale Hurston, who hailed from nearby Eatonville, and briefly lectured at Rollins.

So far, it has been extremely hot and humid, so I think this will be good preparation for India. Today, to escape the heat, we (my colleague Beth and I) saw the movie Kung Fu Panda, which I loved.

Yesterday, we were introduced to the wild side of Winter Park when, on our way to dinner, we caught a couple in a stairwell engaged in some un-appetizing activities. Actually, all we saw was a guy's exposed bum. We made the logical assumptions as to what we had come across. Gross! By the way, this was a few yards away from a Williams-Sonoma and Restoration Hardware. Shocking!

Who knows what else is in store for us...

No comments:

Post a Comment