Sunday, November 4, 2007

New Niece!

This is my new niece, Reeya:
Possibly the cutest thing ever, with the exception of her brother (it's a tie). For a newborn, she's pretty darn adorable. Now my next statement may generate some controversy, and I hope I'm not cursing myself, but I stand by it: not all babies are cute.

I know it's not their own fault, and that doesn't mean that they won't grow up to become more attractive, and that they aren't already wonderful and amazing little people. But some of them are funny looking.

I don't have anything against ugly babies and scary children in public, but there seems to be a very high frequency of them in advertising. I can't understand it. Why would you want a scary kid to sell your product? It's not good for business.
Photo courtesy Fisher-Price website

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! I wish we still had that Scary Children Collage from years ago. We are definitely in prime Scary Children season. Perhaps it is time to make a new one. You know, as a public service.

    That being said, your niece is indeed very, very cute.

    ReplyDelete