Friday, August 24, 2007

Celebrity Obsession

I go back and forth about celebrity obsession. On the one hand, I love juicy gossip, and it's a lot more guilt-free when it's not about someone I personally know. On the other hand, I hate using any mind power on people who shouldn't even be celebrities in the first place (Nicole Richie, Paris Hilton, the Olsen twins, stylists-to-the-stars...).

This one in particular is extremely tough because Wino's actually talented (unlike those listed above) and I am a huge fan of her voice. But she just makes it waaaaaay too easy to stare in disturbed awe at the mess she continues to make of her life. Same story with Blohan, in a way, because she was actually good in Mean Girls, and now she's a total disaster. It's fun to watch, but it's really just sad.

I'd rather watch people who don't deserve to be famous take the hits.

2 comments:

  1. were you blogging @ school? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It IS really sad what's going on with poor Amy - I hope she can get some help.

    I'm also conflicted about the whole celebrity gossip thing - I try to limit myself to just looking at the stupid articles an hour a day.

    ReplyDelete