Saturday, August 25, 2007

Shoes


I hope everyone in the world has seen this YouTube clip.



Like Kelly, I looooooove shoes. When I was in China, all my (clothing) shopping experiences were marred by the phrase, "For yooooou? No, you size too biiiiiiiig. We no have clothes for yooooou."

Dejected, I turned to shoes.

Today I was doing a little back-to-school shopping, and, once again, found solace in shoes. They have been a constant in my life. I have at least two pairs that I've owned since high school. This is not to say that I keep all my old shoes. I love cleaning out my closet, and I'm pretty good about eliminating shoes that just don't work -- even if they're expensive ones I haven't worn much.

But having size 6 feet ensures that, in most parts of the world, at least my feet won't be criticized for their size. If only my stomach would comply, we'd be in business.

Speaking of YouTube, I've posted some of the video clips we took in Mongolia and China. Here's one, of the Naadam horse race we caught in Arkhangai:

1 comment:

  1. Augh! Anytime someone says the word "shoes..." that song pops in my head.

    ReplyDelete