Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The Muffin Room

Why is this blog called The Muffin Room? It all comes from my high school days. There was a class of students who I believe were Special Ed kids or maybe they had some types of developmental disabilities. These students had a classroom in which they baked muffins to sell to the rest of the student body. There were blueberry muffins, chocolate chip muffins, and (I think) banana nut muffins.

We called those kids The Muffin Kids, and their classroom was The Muffin Room.

One day, The Muffin Room caught fire. I think one of the ovens overheated or something. Everyone was concerned, but then an announcement came over the loudspeakers: "SRHS students -- do not worry. The fire has been put out and the muffins will still be sold."

No mention of the students. Never fear. The muffins will still be sold.

On the cover of the next issue of the school newspaper was a muffin with smoke curling from the top.

That has always stuck with me as one of the most ridiculous things I've ever experienced.

BTW, if you like to read, some of my friends have turned me on to GoodReads, which is a social networking site where you can write book reviews and read reviews that your friends have written. Here's mine:

1 comment:

  1. Great/strange story behind the muffin room.

    Got to OAK late yesterday - crazy day. Let's do it next time.

    Hope day 3 is going well!

    ReplyDelete