Monday, September 3, 2007

Summer of Love

Yesterday, Anj and I stopped by the 40th anniversary Summer of Love concert in Golden Gate Park. It was kind of a madhouse, but I think we learned several important things from the 50,000 hippies who were there:

1) Driving a Prius brings good parking karma. We (along with a huge line of others) were searching for parking for at least 30 minutes. Out of nowhere, a guy said, "You looking for parking? Take my spot." We flipped a quick U-turn (which was pretty tough, because the street through the park was narrow and there were tons of cars) and snagged a great spot. And instead of being mad at us, the people in the car behind us yelled, "Hot car!" It added to my Prius lust for sure.

2) The older they are, the more fun they seemed to be having. Not counting the babies, who are always having fun, those aging hippies were sure re-living the good times. We saw old hippies doing all manner of things, including turning on, tuning in, and dropping out.

3) Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair. True to form, there were some friendly old folks handing out yellow daisies dipped in glitter to all who wanted them. Everyone was in a friendly and generous mood. I love it when San Francisco is at its stereotypical best. Positive energy, man.

Back in 2007, I'm going to use my energy today to hit the gym and re-organize the hall closet (we'll see if that second one actually happens -- I've been saying I'd do it every weekend).

1 comment:

  1. That sounds delightful. It is 107 degrees in L.A. so we are only leaving the house to go to the movies or hang out in frozen food aisles.

    ReplyDelete