Saturday, September 15, 2007

A Gold Star Day!


Today has been a most exciting day. I woke up with a phone call from my aunt, who told me that my cousin M, a huuuuuuuuuuge Harry Potter fan, had won a sweepstakes to meet J.K. Rowling in New York.

I thought this was exciting enough (she cried when she heard the great news), but THEN, I discovered that she was asking me to go along!!! I am so so so excited!!

After a haircut and lunch in Hayes Valley, Rrrr and I discovered the latest art installation on Hayes Green -- The Hayes Valley Historic Miniature Golf Extravaganza. It was completely random and completely fun. Today was the last day, so we lucked out. Rrrr won the game, but it was close.

Next on our list was the beach (it is a gloriously sunny day), but sadly, the sun didn't extend to the beach. So we hit up Golden Gate Park instead and lounged by the Conservatory of Flowers. The Dahlia Garden is currently in full bloom, so check it out if you can. We saw three wedding photo sessions and one for a QuinceaƱera.

A plus perfect day so far. I'm meeting Ocho and the Bobster in a few to see Across the Universe. So far the reviews have been less than stellar, so I'm hoping my streak of luck won't come to a screeching halt in the movie theatre tonight.

3 comments: