Saturday, December 8, 2007

Chinese Ancestors

Just a shout out to the parking gods -- came home at 11:00 on a Saturday night and snagged a spot right in front of the house. I heard there are something like 500 fewer parking spots than there are cars in San Francisco, so this was a huge deal.

There have even been cases of people getting killed trying to save parking spots, or attacking meter maids (or men) for getting a parking ticket.

It's vicious out there. Anyone who has ever been to SF has a parking horror story. In all my years here, I've been extremely lucky. I'm super anal about driving and parking safely here, so I've only gotten one parking ticket (knock wood). I had one infamous former roommate who got at least two a month, and even somehow managed to get a ticket after she had sold her car and moved out of the country.

I have a secret weapon for finding parking that was passed on to me from a good friend. I share it sparingly and hold it in great reverence.

Speaking of Chinese Ancestors, take a look at this.

No comments:

Post a Comment