Saturday, October 11, 2008

Blockhead, Part II

NKOTB!!


My lifelong dream of seeing NKOTB in concert has finally come true. It truly was a momentous occasion. Honestly, I had verrrrry low expectations (possibly even lower than when I went to see the "Sex and the City" movie). I figured these guys were no longer capable of their old dance moves and vocal stylings.

But actually...they were really good. It was quite miraculous. The ones who could sing well in the first place (Jordan, Joey, and occasionally Donnie) were still really good singers. And when Jordan hit that high note on "I'll Be Loving You Forever," I have to admit I shed a little tear. Sounds crazy, but it was like, at that moment, all was perfect in the world. It was my youth encapsulated into a single note, reverberating in a hall of 15,000 people, all of whom were probably thinking the same thing. Well, except for the guys who just got dragged there with their girlfriends and wives. But who knows? Maybe a few of them were doing the "Right Stuff" dance, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment